7.07.2009

general update

we are officially moved out of the apartment and into the house, although we are still surrounded by boxes. my kitchen should undergo construction mid next week, and I can't wait!

chris took me to the north dayton garden center last week and I bought some petunias to put in my window boxes (how domestic of me!) two of the window boxes seem to be succeeding, but the last just looks pathetic. I thought that the plants in it were deader than dead, but yesterday I noticed some little green buds at the ends, so I still have hope!
then ryan and I did a bunch of, well, "pruning" I suppose over the 3 day weekend, and-- for the most part-- the plants look better. I have been fighting an ongoing battle with something that may or may not be thistle; whatever it is, it is annoying and everywhere.

things settled down enough that I put my taylored socks up for some test knitting, which is quite exciting! it seems so unreal that someone I've never met might walk past me on the street some day wearing my socks! (okay, so this is unlikely, because I am betting that even grumperina doesn't see jaywalkers on the street)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Next step in domesticity - get an apron and a casserole dish! haha! I'm glad that at least the two front boxes are alive and well. I still have my doubts about the deader than dead ones coming back, but I'll wait and see! mine that I planted over the weekend aren't looking too promising! I suppose planting annuals in July might not be the best idea ever.