1.13.2012

tigers should be common jungle animals

we always figured that if we had a boy, ryan and I would decorate the nursery with tigers for clemson. there's so much safari and jungle themed things out there, we figured that we would focus on tigers, but that it'd be an overall jungle theme.

typically when one hears the word jungle, I would expect one to think:
lions and tigers and bears; oh my!
you'd be surprised, then, as we were, that tigers are NOT central to a jungle theme.
apparently, the most common jungle animals are: elephants, giraffes, monkeys, lions. occasionally a zebra. more common than tigers? a turtle. this is particularly perplexing to me, because, as a designer, it is VERY easy to take a lion or a zebra and make some minor changes in the shape to create a tiger. so easy, in fact, that I did it.


we had been thinking about using the bedding "jungle tales", which DOES include a tiger, but something about the colors was a bit depressing to me, and the only way to get the quilt was to buy the whole set. this actually is often the case, but this set came with a whole slew of things I wouldn't be using, such as bumper pads and a diaper stacker.


so we settled on "nali jungle", which does not feature a tiger.


I managed to create a tiger to match, and he has been painted along the walls. this set comes with a rather plain window valence, so I'd like to applique (read: I would like to get someone else to applique!) my same tiger onto the right side of the valence. hopefully that'll put enough tiger into "nali" that no one will even notice that he isn't part of the original!

No comments: