4.30.2015

Baby bonnet

I keep forgetting to get Duckie a sunhat, so I finally decided to "whip one up" during naptime yesterday. It took a bit longer than I had hoped, but I had some leftover fabric from the Garden Party tunic I made for my niece's birthday, and managed to eke it out of that. I used Purl Soho's Baby Sunbonnet pattern. There were a few things I wish I had changed. 1. Understitching would have been valuable I think here. 2. I'm still mulling over this, but I think there's got to be a better way to do the brim. I expected to put the hat together and put the brim together, and then attach the two pieces, but that's not how it's done. So the whole thing is a bit loosey-goosey. Maybe some edge stitching where the two attach would help? I suppose I'll save judgment for after I TOTALLY finish it and try it on.

No comments: